The European Opera Days
Each year on the weekend closest to 9 May (Europe Day), opera houses in Europe and beyond open their doors to new and existing audiences to celebrate the art of opera and the talent of those who make it. Their aim is to help bring opera into the mainstream of cultural practice and to enhance its appreciation in today’s society.
Opera companies were invited to:
- design their activities around a specific annual theme
- organise free activities for existing and new audiences: creative workshops, guided tours, debates and lectures, open rehearsals, special performances or happenings
- convey the press material prepared by the EOD team to their local and national press
- coordinate their action and communication with other participating opera companies in their country
- work with local associations in order to implant opera firmly in their social environments and attract new audiences
- include the European Opera Days logo on all their communication tools and mention the European Opera Days as an umbrella initiative in their local events. They should provide a link to the dedicated website www.operadays.eu wherever possible
To enhance internal and external communication with the European Opera Days team, a coordinator should be selected within each opera house. Thank you!